Franklin School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Spring Break will be Monday, April 10th - Friday, April 14th. School will resume on Monday, April 17th.
Español Việt Nam
Students & Parents » Enrollment


Students raising their hand in the air

2019-2020 Online Registration
The Franklin-McKinley School District is proud to announce the launch of our online registration portal. Online registration will become available on February 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. Prior to beginning the online registration process, we recommend that you have the following information prepared. 
  1. Parent and/or guardian emergency contact information and relatives/designated emergency contacts (i.e. Phone, email, and home address)
  2. Child's medical history and health provider 
  3. Child's general information (i.e. birth date, gender, address, etc.)
Note: Parent/guardian must have an active email address to participate in online enrollment. Upon submission of the online application, you will receive an email from the Franklin-McKinley School District to complete your enrollment which includes supporting documentation that will be submitted to your child's school. 
Enrollment for 2019-2020
Do you have a child between the ages of 0-5? 
Fill out our Early Learning Programs Form to determine your child's initial eligibility for services within the region including Transitional Kindergarten, Head Start, Early Head Start, State Preschool, and Parent/Child Workshops through the Family Resource Centers! Click here for the online Early Learning Programs form and one of our staff will be in contact with you to explain the various services that may be available to you and your child. 
Do you have a child between the ages of 6-14?
If you have questions about our enrollment process or need additional support, please fill out the Pre-Enrollment Form and someone from our Student Wellness & Support Services Office will contact you. Otherwise, see below for our enrollment process. 
I am new to the area, how do I know which school my child belongs to?

Please check the School Locator to verify which elementary or middle school attendance area your address belongs to.

For a list of schools, click here.

What documents do I need to enroll my child in school?

To enroll a student you need to provide the following documentation to the school Secretary:

  • Withdrawal papers from the previous school
  • Immunization records (If from out of the Santa Clara County, you must also provide the results from the Mantou TB Test)
  • Birth Certificate (Copy is made in person)
  • Please provide information from previously enrolled school
  • Proof of address within school/District boundaries; i.e. most current utility bill showing parent/guardian's name and address
  • If the student is a Special Education student, a current IEP should be provided at the time of registration to facilitate support services. 
Please call the school Secretary for registration hours and to confirm needed registration paperwork. 

If I want to transfer my child from one Franklin-McKinley School to another, what steps do I take?

  • Return the completed form to the Student Wellness & Support Services Office.

If I want to transfer my child outside of the Franklin-McKinley School District, what steps do I take?

  • Return the completed form to the Student Wellness & Support Services Office.

Transferring Students into Franklin-McKinley School District
Students who wish to transfer into FMSD should contact their district of residence and file an Interdistrict transfer request.
How long does it take to receive notice of intra or inter district request for transfer?
Once the completed form has been received by the Student Wellness & Support Services Office, parent/guardian will receive a letter within 10 business days.